
Its tough trying to start one of these things, a blog that is. We actually discussed it last night over dinner. After showing the picture to the family from my phone of everything I had packed for the trip, I think either Michelle or my mom said that’s where it should start.
Currently, sitting on the plane headed to Philadelphia, and from there on to Barcelona. (picture was taken on the second flight) The reality of my trip, new future home, new country, new job, new everything did not begin to carry any weight until these last few days. It was saying goodbye to family at my parents house. Side note: Mom and Dad thanking you again for the amazing authentic Spanish food, and delicious smoked fish tacos. And later in the week with friends at Four Peaks; it’s impressive what a Facebook post can do for someone’s ego... Thank you to everyone for coming. And of course actually giving those last few hugs before turning for the security checkpoint. It was a lot tougher than I had planned on. Looking forward, I am excited for what will be my new home, city, and job.After landing sometime early Saturday morning in Barcelona, the plan is to find and gather my luggage, and meet up with a teacher friend, the one who helped me get the job. With luggage in hand we will be taking a taxi into the center of Barcelona, the Gracia neighborhood where I will be crashing on a futon until me and my flatemate can find a place of our own.
Sunday evening will be the first meet and greet with new staff at BFIS, eating dinner Ciutat Comtal, at a seafood restaurant near the beach. On Monday we are meeting up at Cafe Zurich and headed out on a Barcelona bus tour followed by a stop at the beach, Tuesday we will be setting up bank accounts and getting a cell phone, and Wednesday is an Ikea and Mall day. From there we report to school roughly nine to noon most days until the start of school on the 1st.
Hasta luego!
Jim! The Kindergarten Team here at Poly is super excited for you! We can't wait to see all your pictures and hear about all your amazing adventures. (I, Ashley, am also vicariously re-living my trip to Spain through you!) *sending hugs!*
ReplyDeleteI am curious to see how things go for you there, since my husband and I have talked quite a bit about teaching at an international school. I love Barcelona, I hope you enjoy living and working there!
ReplyDelete